This Labor Day, Sammy was still in Michigan with grandparents and Jamie, Claudia, Jordan and I spent the day hanging out and packing away all our white shoes. Then we drove to Andersonville (is that the name of it?) Indiana to Mounds State Park. It was a very nice state park and unlike the last state park we visited near Houston, there were no alligators, so the park staff didn't have to warn us not to toss things into the water for the dog to fetch. We had a very nice cookout and made some very nice cookout food, thankyouverymuch, that we actually cooked on the grill, including, but not limited to, basil new potatoes, chicken in garlic and wine, and pineapple upside down cake. And, of course, s'mores. I decided I'm kind of over s'mores. I mean, the name itself is kind of dumb—"oooooh, so good, I'd like smore!". But really, it's not ever so good I'd like smore because the chocolate bar never, ever gets melty. If you leave a hershey bar next to your computer tower, it melts in about 45 seconds. If you place it between two graham crackers with a melted marshmallow..…nothing. If you then try to melt it further by placing it over a white-hot pile of coals……still nothing except burny fingers. Are graham crackers some sort of super insulating substance? I'm sure I don't know.
Anyway, here are some pics of our labor day state park jaunt.
Laboriously yours,
Susanne
The park:
Claudia making a stick to roast marshmallows:
Blurry photo of walking in the woods:
Roasting marshmallows:
No comments:
Post a Comment