Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day + 1!

We started out the day by dashing to church and were only a few minutes late! It was our minister's last day so the service was kind of painful. Claudia opted to stay with Jamie and me instead of going to class because she likes the minister. The RE summer session is very cool. They have people from the congregation teach the kids arts and one woman gives them lessons on animals and they also learn some other stuff I forget at the moment. Anyway, one of the many professional (is that the right word?) artists we have in our congregation does ceramics (she had one piece on display in the sanctuary about a month ago and I want it so much. It was nothing like I've ever seen before) and she taught the little girls' class this weekend and she's teaching it next weekend, too, so they can finish up their work. Jordan said one of the things she made was a rattle which I think is intriguing and I can't wait to see it.

After church Beverly and Walter drove down from Ft. Wayne to hang out with us and we had a great time! We just threw out some sandwich stuff and made strawberry shortcake for dessert. I made it with homemade biscuits (I added about 3 tablespoons sugar) and it turned out pretty well. I usually make pound cake for that purpose but this worked, too. They once again declined to take the beagle when they left so we STILL HAVE HIM! Yes, I'm joking--we wouldn't actually make him move out.

Sammy decided it would be very funny to lick Jamie's forehead and his grossed out response totally cracked her up so while he was trying to eat shortcake, she licked his arm. And Jordan thought it was hilarious, too, so poor Jamie was fending that off for a while.




Beverly ended up being Thumb Wrestling Queen and Sammy was very funny with her mock disappointed face and wail "I lost to my GRANDMOTHER!!!".




Then last night the girls and I gave Jamie Father's Day gifts. One of his friends asked him to play soccer on his team so he asked for a soccer ball and Claudia got him that. The kids had a blast playing with the dog and the ball!




The little girls both got him pretty polished stones which I think are supposed to be good luck charms for his tests and I gave him a sketchbook journal so now he has to draw every day!

No comments: