Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's just another manic Tuesday

Mr. Rieger had the day off today because of Veteran's Day. Isn't Veteran's Day usually on a Monday? Anyway, sounds like he had a great day and he reports he learned something new about triangles. Then tonight he took Jordan to her science experiment night at school and they had a blast! They did lots of cool experiements.

I had a social justice meeting tonight after work. We're doing so many cool things and having such a great working on all of it. I had three new pretty big ideas to present and they were well-received. The first is a Unitarian Vacation "Bible" school. As far as we know, no one in this area does any such thing so we're going to work on this for this summer. The second thing was the interfaith gay marriage rights rally and the third was inter-racial dinner/discussion groups.

Please to note in the right hand column, that back by popular demand, is our Green Household Blog. We haven't updated it in forever, and to be honest, our household still isn't very green. But now it's back....it's in our faces....so, yeah. We need to get back on that already.

I am Annoyed at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints today. Two reasons: their major financial assistance in getting Prop 8 passed and also, I knew they posthumously baptized people in general, which has always crawled all over me, but today it came to my attention that they do it to Holocaust Victims. They've been asked to stop and they haven't. I find this incredibly offensive.

No comments: