Ok, we had an interesting/fabulous valentine's day at our house. Yes, we *do* celebrate Valentine's Day at our house. Jamie and I are both all for celebrations, no matter if they're hallmark or not.
Friday night Claudia went to a party so Jordan and I ran around doing some shopping and then when Claudia got home Jordan was off to bed and we finished up packing her bags because she was leaving for D.C. the next morning at 4:30. We ended up staying up so late that Jamie decided to stay up all night to make sure we didn't oversleep and miss the flight.
Saturday morning after I dropped Claudia off at the airport, I took a Valentine's Day gift over to Sam at her mom's house and left it hanging on the front door and Sam found it later in the day when she went out for the mail. She called us and sounded excited about it so it was worth enduring the weirdness of walking around in the front yard of people I don't actually know in the dark to drop it off.
In the afternoon I had to work so Jamie took Jordan to see that mall cop movie, which she's been wanting to see. Jamie noticed this movie is making a lot at the box office and mentioned to me in the future when you ask yourself, who the hell is seeing these movies (fill in the blank with current bad film), now you know.
And last night after Jordan was in bed I made filet mignon with a shallot/red wine/dijon sauce and horseradish au gratin potatoes (good and good!) for dinner and we exchanged gifts, watched Juno and ate some of the very nice truffles Jamie got me from some place in San Francisco (super good!).
Today after church we went for lunch and then antiquing in Zionsville and shoe shopping for Jordan and Jamie. And now we're about to watch the sound of music and eat mini tater tots, rootbeer floats and probably chicken nuggets.
No comments:
Post a Comment