Oy, we're tired. Last week was really a mixed bag of great and awful. I have photos from the weekend, and I'll upload them soon.
Wednesday morning we found out that a girl we all know in Claudia's religious education class (we'll call her Z.) has bone cancer. She's only 12 and how fucking awful is that? She has 8 months of chemo ahead of her. Wednesday night we had a Social Justice Committee meeting at church. Jamie agreed to speak in church on May 13th on the subject of Peace. We also joined the Interweave group, which is the Gay/Lesbian/Bi-Sexual/Transgendered group in our church, because we care about GLBT issues.
I've been organizing meals for a congregant who's pregnant and on bedrest so Thursday evening Sammy, Jordan and I took a meal to them (we took roasted chickens, broccoli to steam, mashed potatoes with fresh basil and roasted garlic, rosemary sourdough and some nice cookies from the neighborhood bakery). Then I ran the girls home and went to my singing rehearsal. Oh, and the damn dog got off his leash, again, and we still haven't found him, so that was, and is, upsetting.
Friday my mom went through her annual cancer tests and we have tentative very good news, so keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts for my mom and we should know definitely at the end of this week. That night Jamie skipped guitar circle because we were so busy this week and he wanted us all to get to spend an evening together. So we had pizza and just hung out.
Saturday morning was the Earth Day Festival, Saturday afternoon was shopping and Saturday night was the Arts Bash. It was really a cool thing and we had such a great time. I made it through my performance with the Singing Susans and it was actually fun! Or, if you ask Claudia, embarrassing!
Sunday morning we went to church and the subject was Paganism. The sermon was very funny and I'll let Jamie post about that. Then we gathered 5th and 6th graders together and had a picnic and the Religious Education Director had them make cards for Z. and they discussed Z's illness and their feelings about it. Then we headed over to Fountain Square for duckpin bowling. We were going to go visit Z. instead of bowling, but she wasn't feeling up to visitors that day. After we got home from bowling, Jamie took the little girls to play tennis and then Sam over to her mom's. After dinner, Jordan and I watched Cow Bells on Disney and then we watched part of that nature show on Discovery, Planet Earth, that's getting such good reviews. They had footage of great white sharks jumping out of the water to catch seals. Soooo cool. You *must* try to catch it!
And then Jordan came down with a stomach virus last night so she and I were home all day today. I also took her to the doctor this afternoon about a problem she's been having and the diagnosis is stress due to some issues we're having with her father. So, we must destress Jordan, stat. Any extra attention anyone wants to send her way would be very much appreciated.
JalapeƱo peanut butter quesadilla
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment