Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday

Great day today! This morning was waffles and reading stuff on the internet with Jamie. Then we split the grocery/Halloween list in half and each hit two stores with one child in tow (Sammy's at her mom's house tonight). For Halloween I found four cool orange and green pumpkins for the kids to carve and also some funky large-ish squash that will make some interesting jackolanterns. I will try not to get all Mothra on the squash and carve a lace pattern in them.

Dinner was chili. We eat mostly vegetarian these days, except the littles, so maybe that's why it seemed especially good. We deemed it El Chili Loco--kinda spicy!

We're going to a Halloween party tomorrow so I spent a fair amount of time tonight trying to do my hair like Sarah Palin's, including cutting my own bangs (I don't want to talk about it!) and trying to convince Jamie to go as Todd Palin.

After that crushing defeat, while Jamie studied math, Claudia, Jordan and I made monster cupcakes for the party. This is what the heads turned out like. I'll assemble them at the party tomorrow.

No comments: