Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday!

It's Monday! Wooo! Why is this exciting, maybe you're asking? Because it's Bright Monday and that means I have the day off. AND, since I have the day off, Jamie took the day off, too.

People I would like to see in jail:

1. CIA interrogators who allegedly waterboarded two people 266 times.
2. The Bush administration
3. The school officials who strip searched a 13-year-old honors student with no prior disciplinary problems because she was accused of handing out prescription strength Advil
4. That one banker who spent bailout money on a $6,000 trash can. It's true, I can't seem to get over that. I would have been awesome during the French Revolution. Viva La Revolucion! (I don't know any French at all. Maybe they wouldn't let me work on posters).

People I would like to see in school:

1. Claudia. The poor baby went to a church youth convention in Michigan this weekend and woke up Sunday morning with the flu. Which sucks for her, especially due to the fact that she's the only person in our family that had a flu shot this year.

People I would like to see in a poodle skirt:


1. Sammy! She needs a poodle skirt for her school choir performance on Thursday night so Jamie and I are in the process of making her one. The only problem--we don't sew so it's kind of slow going. It's really fun, though, and she's super excited about it. I think it looks cute so far! Now where the hell is my black thread?!?

People who are super tired and have had a headache every day for a solid week:
1. Me. ME! Claudia had a band thing on Friday night so she couldn't travel to Michigan with the rest of the group so I drove her to Kalamazoo on Saturday and that was an 8-hour round trip. Tired!

Also, I'm so sick of my head hurting. Here's the deal. My doctor says take the migraine medicine the minute you feel that you're getting a migraine because if you don't, everything gets inflamed and the medicine doesn't work as well/doesn't work. So, I do this and the insurance company just flat-out doesn't want to pay for it so they say, no, you can only have 12 pills in a 25 day period. Why? Because that's the manufacturer's guideline and we don't want you to sue us. Even though my doctor says otherwise. Even though, it's on my doctor if anything happens to me (and me, of course). So whatever, just say you don't want to pay for it. Even though, doctors prescribe drugs all the time off-label. And it's not like this is a painkiller or narcotic. It's just medicine that enlarges blood vessels in the brain.

Anyway, I have an appointment (first available--end of MAY) with my wonderful friend, J.'s, neurologist. J. went from having migraines just about every day to NEVER. J. strongly encouraged me to get an appointment with her because she told me right now I'm at increased risk of stroke (she's a nurse).

No comments: