Thursday, April 02, 2009

Wednesday

Hello, Internets! So super busy no time to blog, lately! Plus, headaches. Lots and lots of stupid, stupid headaches.

I was thinking yesterday of my poor Grandmother Hinson. I think, like me (or actually that's vice versa) she had migraines. She spent almost her entire life out on the farm near Waco, which is located on the tail end of the Great Plains. It's flat, sparsely treed, and brutally hot in the summer. My father tells me nights were often so hot they couldn't sleep when he was growing up. So I think of how much she must have suffered with her headaches, especially during the day with the cooking and all the other chores she had to do.

Jordan's school musical was *fabulous*! She was awesome and I will post some short videos soon. Here are some pics in the meantime.



Walter and Beverly drove down from Ft. Wayne for the play and we had a great time seeing them!

Sammy had an 11th Birthday (aww, look at cute weency Sammy!)



We have a tradition in the Hinson-Rieger family where the Birthday Child wakes on Birthday morn to find a gift hanging outside the door that they are allowed to open before school. This year, Sammy's morning gift was too large to hang.



Then Sammy had an 11th Birthday Slumber Party.

Jordan's writing down gifts for her sister because that's what sisters do!


Claudia's school band went to contest and won a gold medal. I don't have photos because Claudia didn't allow it!

What else? What else? Jamie's studying for (I think 2!) exams in November. I'm working on the upcoming Pride Parade (this year--we have a float!). I'm going to be in glamourous Muncie, Indiana this Saturday for a district church meeting where I'll learn lots of valuable social justice stuff.

End of School Crazy Time is almost upon us. Sam's going to be having a choir concert (she'll be wearing a poodle skirt), Claudia's having a band concert, Claudia has a band trip coming up and I forget whatall else, but we have a very packed calendar.

Oh, and Spring Break is next week. We'll be staying overnight at Jason and Leah's in Chicago on Wednesday night, dropping Claudia off at the airport Thursday morning to fly to Philadelphia to spend a long weekend with Andy and Lysa and Baby C. and then we'll probably take the littles to do some fun Chicago stuff.

No comments: