Ok, counterpoint!
Jordan and Sammy made an elaborate egg structure in their bedroom this afternoon and when Jamie went back there a while ago, Jordan came out and sang a song about hatching. And now, while they're waiting for Jamie to finish making dinner, they're practicing dance moves.
Jamie's going to a conference tomorrow that's going to be very good on his resume, that he's excited about and it's near where I work so we can have lunch!
I'm playing in a woodwind ensemble for a party this weekend which I am very excited about. Also, this requires new clothes. Also, it requires a pale, pale turquoise silk handbag with mother-of-pearl buttons sewn all over it, Jamie!!!
I'm working late tonight, which I've been doing a lot lately. But it's good because with all the doctor's appointments we've been having to deal with lately, I'm able to make up a lot of time. I miss the familia, but when I get home it's pretty cool because everyone is awesome (it's very 1950's Daddy's Home!). The last night I worked late, when I walked in the door, the dog went nuts and ran around and around the house, the little girls ran up and gave me hugs, all three girls were trying to get my attention at the same time, Sam and Jordan had both drawn really cool pictures for me and Jamie had dinner ready for me. It actually reminded me of a scene in Gone with the Wind, which is the Seinfeld of the book world--I'm often saying, "hey, this is just like that Seinfeld episode" and it's the same with GWTW. In it, Margaret Mitchell is unfortunately sympathetic to the slave-holders, but it's a weirdly timeless book and she really nailed a lot about human nature.
JalapeƱo peanut butter quesadilla
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment