News today that's making me cranky:
1. A congressional individual whining because the Federal Trade Commission is reporting the machines that are used to measure chemicals in cigarette smoke don't work effectively and therefore smokers aren't getting an accurate picture of all the chemicals they inhale. Oh, no! Now how are smokers going to choose the healthiest cigarette?!?!!! I mean, really. Who cares?
2. It was just discovered that an organ donor has infected four individuals with HIV and Hepatitis. This individual had engaged in "risky behavior" and was tested, but he contracted the diseases after the testing and soon enough to the time of death that it didn't register at the time they harvested the organs. So. Hey, maybe if someone admits to engaging in risky behavior? Maybe we could just keep those people off the donor list entirely? And risky behavior people, I mean, seriously, please don't do us any favors.
3. Georgians holding a rally to pray for rain en-masse (led by the governor, of course). That's all I'm going to say about that. But also, there are people in that area, lots of people--more people than one would think--digging wells in their yards to tap into ground water to water their damn lawns and shrubbery and I feel I must say they do suck. And to top it all off, and make it all about ME, they announced that Christmas trees are going to be more expensive this year. Now, we usually go out and cut down our own tree at a local farm, but December's going to be impossibly time crunched, unfortunately, so we decided to hit a tree lot this year instead. So, great!
4. The new AG was sworn in today.
I'm not quite clear, I can't really keep up--are we ok with the rack? Is that considered torture these days?
Pelosi and Schumer should have voted against Mukasey. It means something to speak for the right, the good, the moral, even if you're not going to win.
JalapeƱo peanut butter quesadilla
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment