Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving + 1

Adam, Melissa and their adorable two-year-old daughter drove a far way to spend Thanksgiving with us yesterday and we had such a great time!

Jamie and I made the menu to incorporate elements from both our family traditions, which made us happy, but it was a bit much, so we're going to have to do some major tweaking on that. And I want to add something in there that's uniquely ours.

We had turkey, ham, fresh green beans with olive oil and salt, mashed sweet potatoes, twice baked sweet potatoes for the kids, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, stove-top stuffing, canned corn, apples fried in bacon grease and sugar, rolls, rolls, homemade cranberry orange sauce, chocolate spice cake and Adam and Melissa brought pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

Other than having too much food, we realized we don't have enough kitchen equipment to actually make a big meal and we bought a free-to-be-me prancing-and-frolicing- through-life bird from Wild Oats and then over-cooked it in a major way. So I don't really feel like that bird reached his true destiny.

Anyway, food was generally good, company was awesome, and the Colts won at the end of the evening.

Jordan dusting (pre-company):


Claudia and Jordan snapping beans:


The dining table:


The buffet table after dinner:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't stress too much about the turkey. I thought it was really tasty and definitely within the realm of more-than-acceptable eats! I do think a Happy Turkey is harder to screw up and just tastes better on principle.