Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Weekend +

Saturday we went to a seriously wonderful party thrown by Beverly and Walter for Jason and Leah, our two newly minted PhD's. It was so great to see everyone and fun to meet some of Jason and Leah's friends. I was so busy talking to people and not feeling well because I was coming down with what turned out to be some sick badness, that I didn't get any good photos. Jason and Leah gave all three girls really cool books. They gave Claudia a collection of Ray Bradbury stories which was absolutely *perfect* for her. They gave Sammy the Princess Academy which she's been wanting to read and Jordan the Daring Book for Girls which they all three have been poring over. I saw it in Claudia's room yesterday.


In other news, I am very sick AND NO ONE CARES!!! Jamie told me I am the best obnoxious sick person anywhere. Woo Hoo! I'm number ONE!!! These shoes would make me feel better, even though they're right around $300.00, so a leetle out of the budget and I have absolutely nothing to wear them with.


And in other news, the girls are all doing well, social lives are getting into full swing with two birthday party invitations arriving yesterday. Grades are fabulous, the 7:00 a.m. bus has not been missed even once, we're pretty much hitting the mark on bedtimes, except this week with Claudia because she begged us to sleep on the couch every night so she can watch the Democrat Convention. Anyway, it's been a very successful start of the year.

Unfortunately, there's also some sad news that I'm not up to writing about just yet. But love and peace to Jamie's grandparents and all of the family. You're all in our thoughts.

1 comment:

LeahC said...

glad the girls like the books! yay! that daring book for girls looks awesome for adults too!